Wednesday, August 17, 2011

'Shammiji was the real Rockstar'




Director Imtiaz Ali pays tribute to the legendary actor who passed away on 14th August
The legendary actor Shammi Kapoor passed away on 14th August. The legend will be seen for the last time on screen with his grand nephew Ranbir Kapoor in ‘Rockstar’.

‘Rockstar’ director Imtiaz Ali pays tribute to the veteran actor and said, “Such a soul can’t be lamented. We can only lament that he has decided to walk away. Today I feel the blessing as well as the good fortune that all of us have had to have met him, to have seen his smile, to have touched his feet and hugged him, to have felt the warmth of his presence – that permeated each corner of the set. Everyone was in the top form when he was there, running around, trying to be close to him, a little nervous, and a little smiling. We all knew that the Rockstar is on set today, and all of us – including Ranbir – were just his attendants.”

Imtiaz recalls his most memorable conversation when he asked the actor how he was feeling. “‘How am I?’ he asked himself. ‘I have been on dialysis for the last ten years. I am on the wheel-chair; I have lost two more toes in an operation a few days back, my tail bone had fractured so I can not sit for long because I am in pain…. But I am fine. I am fine’, he said with a vengeance. Then he showed me the thumbs up and smiled. ‘I am fine’. So once again, to you from all of us – Yaaahhhhooooo," concludes Imtiaz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...