Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ranveer-Sonakshi to star in LOOTERA

India's first 'director's production house' - Phantom - helmed by Vikas Bahl, Anurag Kashyap and Vikramaditya Motwane has announced its first venture, LOOTERA. 

Vikramaditya Motwane of UDAAN fame has written the film and is going to direct it. The film is a romance set in 1950s. He said, "It is a love story. The film is a period film that is set in the 1950's."

view RANVEER & SONAKSHI AT LOOTERA MOVIE LAUNCH picture gallery
view RANVEER & SONAKSHI AT LOOTERA MOVIE LAUNCH picture gallery

In the press meet held for the announcement of the film, Sonakshi Sinha made a grand entry in an old red car dressed from head to toe in traditional Bengali attire looking breath takingly beautiful! Ranveer Singh rode in full style on a bike wearing a brown leather jacket and a white tee shirt with suspenders looking all like a Bengali young man from the 50's.Their entry took everyone gathered around by storm. 


Sonakshi, who arrived in a red car at the venue of the press conference said, "This is the most challenging role for me. I am looking all forward to start shooting and working with Ranveer." 

When asked about her Bengali look in the film, the gorgeous actress said, "I love to dress Indian which makes me a typical Hindi film heroine. LOOTERA will give me an opportunity to dress like original and authentic Bengali lady. I have this authentic Bengali look of the 1950's era. I will wear jewelry, clothes, kajal and make-up and etc of the same time period. We have kept the look original and as authentic as that of 1950s." 

Ranveer, donning a white T-shirt and high vest denims, said, "Sonakshi had taken my breath away with her famous dialogue 'Thapad Se Darr Nahi Lagta...Pyaar Se Lagta Hai'

About his look in the flick, the actor who came to the venue on a bike said, "I am the coolest dude of the 1950s...with that high waist jeans and all retro look." 

Ranveer went on to add, "I carry a coolest dude ever look even in high-waist pants. I think, I'm the second actor after Aamir Khan who has worn such pants. I draw inspiration from Dev Anand and James Dean though when it comes to dressing for LOOTERA." 

LOOTERA, written and directed by Vikramaditya Motwane, is the joint venture produced by the newly floated production house, Phantom and Swati Shetty of Balaji Motion Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...