Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mr Bean plans to hang up his boots






















London, Sept. 7 (PTI): The bumbling but adorable Mr Bean is planning to hang up his boots.
British actor Rowan Atkinson, 56, who popularised the character, says he believes he is too old to play the funnyman anymore.
Mr Bean first appeared on television in an ITV series which ran for five years from 1990. Despite the derision of some critics, the programme proved a huge ratings success, with viewing figures of more than 18 million, reports the Daily Mail. The character even made its foray into movies with Bean: The Ultimate Disaster Movie in 1997 and Mr Bean’s Holiday four years ago.


“I’ve got a feeling I probably won’t play the character [Mr Bean] again. Never say never, but I just feel I’m getting too old for it. I’ve always liked Mr Bean as a cartoon-like figure,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...