Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I cured pain the natural way



For years, I'd suffered weak knees. It started with a feeling of softness in the knees and went to extreme pain. What started as an occasional pain started becoming regular and chronic.Slowly, my movements started to get inhibited.I found it difficult to run up and down flights of stairs, and had to be very cautious when I sat down or got up.


Friends and family were on my case to go see an orthopaedic surgeon. Finally, it could no longer be postponed.The doctor checked my knees, put me through a series of tests and finally concluded it was osteoarthritis. No way! I am not that old!
The doctor assured me this could happen to anyone (people with little exercise, a poor diet and family history) not just older people.
And what did my future look like? Would I need a knee replacement? "We'll put you on physiotherapy right away. Replacement is not predictable. You may need it sooner or later," my doc said matter-of-factly.
More than anything else, I was worried that once I started on the meds, I would need to take them all my life. Anyhow, I started on physiotherapy. What I did not do is to start on the medicines-being unsure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...