Monday, July 25, 2011

Hello, stud guru!














Ashmit Patel feels flirting is natural, even healthy. And why not? Riya Sen’s former boyfriend has been anointed Stud Guru and is preaching on the subject in UTV Bindass’s show Superstud which beams Sundays at 7pm. The show is all about a battle among 13 good-looking guys who are turning on the charm and taking on challenges with an eye on the title Superstud. A t2 chat.
How did you pick the contestants?

Through speed dating. We had six girls rating them. The chosen 13 have settled in a farmhouse in Delhi complete with all kinds of luxuries like swimming pool and jacuzzi.
What would your role be?
I am visiting the farmhouse every week. I am sharing my experience in the art of charming a lady, based on what I’ve learnt from my personal experiences. I am trying to bring out the X-factor in the boys. In college,everyone has a crush but is unsure about how to approach the girl. Woh koshish mein koi koi zyada drama kar leta hai. I am teaching them to be themselves. I am also passing on grooming and diet tips.
How would you rate yourself as a stud?
I have a good sense of humour. Nine times out of 10 I can make girls laugh. And I have built my own body.
Would parents be happy to have their sons glued to a show like this?
Why not? Parents do not have an open relationship with sons, so they can’t discuss these things. Agar show se kuch seekh liya toh ladkiyon se jhaapad khane se bach jayenge. I think moms would be thankful for that.
How do you define flirting?
Flirting is playful interaction. It doesn’t mean I cross the boundary. It is clean and pure. How else does a boy talk to a girl? It is the first step before a relationship. Flirting is natural.
Are you teaching boys to become Casanovas?
A Casanova is one with the knack of impressing girls. What’s bad in that? A Superstud would also be someone who would stand up for the izzat of girls.
Given that a protective brother is often the nemesis for a flirt, did you ever stand up for Ameesha?
My sister is quite a firebrand. She can take care of herself.... Once when I was 16 or so, we were dining in Taj President. Some older guys at the next table kept passing lewd comments about her. When we were through with the meal, I walked up to them and said: “That’s not the way to look at ladies.” Then I grabbed one of them and slammed him against the car.
My dad was stunned as he had not heard the comments. When he heard from me later, he told me: “Well done, son. Do that for every woman.” So I was a stud even then!
Has the perception of a stud changed over the years?
Yes. Earlier, a stud was overly aggressive and had a Clint Eastwood look, with a stubble and all. Now they are more in control. There is no need to show aggression.
What’s on the professional front after Bigg Boss other than this?
I am doing a couple of films. One is a patriotic period film called The Flag where I am playing Deva, a strong man from a village who follows his heart. The shooting took place in Bhuj, where Lagaan was shot. The other is called Florida Road. The film is about an Indian family that has recently moved to Durban. It will premiere on September 28 in South Africa but I am not sure if it will release here. I have also done a socio-political Bengali film called Lal Selam in which I play a CBI officer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...