Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We should tailor pitches to suit our seam attack: Swann


A day before India and England lock horns in the first cricket Test of one of the most-anticipated series of the season at Lords, off-spinner Graeme Swann has said the home team should tailor the pitches to play to their advantage.

“I always believe that home advantage should be exactly that. I think we should tailor pitches to suit our seam attack because on our pitches it’s the best bowling attack in the world. Whether we actually get those here we’ll see,” Swann said.
The tweaker believes with a little help from friendly groundsmen, England can bowl out India twice.
“It’s not an exact science, or it is, but it’s beyond me. The most important is that the ball swings in the air. If it does that, we will be very, very dangerous,” Swann was quoted as saying in the Independent.
He reiterated that the series against India is a massive one but shrugged off any comparison with the Ashes, saying it will be hard to compare the two.
“Whether it’ll be tougher than Australia is hard to say. Going to Australia and winning 3-1 there was probably the toughest series I’ve played in,” Swann said.
“I don’t know whether we’re favourites but I’m very comfortable when I look at the two teams on paper. India have a much-lauded batting line-up and rightly so. If anyone said to me you can pick and choose from both teams, I’d be pretty happy with the one we’ve got at the moment. I’m very happy with our side on paper,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...