Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ajay Devgn to star in Hindi remake of The Arab, The Camel and P Madhavan Nair

Ajay DevgnAjay Devgn is in a wildly experimental mood. Swinging from the hardcore mainstream Singham, he now goes into what is arguably the quirkiest film of his career. The film to be entitledThe Arab, The Camel & P Madhavan Nair is currently on the verge of completion in Priyadarshan's mother tongue Malayalam. The original stars the inimitable Mohanlal.

As the film neared completion, Priyadarshan felt Ajay Devgn was the only actor in Bollywood who could do justice to the part in Hindi.





Apparently, Priyadarshan was sent feelers from Akshay Kumar and Shah Rukh Khan for the role that's been described as a 'quirky blend of Peter Sellers' comedy and Charlie Chaplin's pathos.

Ajay, we hear, wanted to do a hardcore comedy with Priyadarshan. But the director is convinced that this is the right film for the actor at this juncture.

Says Priyan, "Yes, I am remaking The Arab, The Camel & P Madhavan Nair with Ajay. This is the first time I've decided to do a Hindi version of a film even before completing the Malayalam version. I am also certain Ajay can do full justice to it. After Aakrosh, I feel I owe him a hit."

Priyan adds as an afterthought, "Actually, remakes work for me. And why not? I am remaking my own films. Everyone in Mumbai is remaking other filmmaker's South Indian hits."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...