Thursday, September 15, 2011

Salman "clueless" as Bodyguard shatters records

















As Salman Khan recuperates from a complicated nerve surgery in the US, his latest release Bodyguard continues to make and break a slew of records at the box-office. By Sunday, the film is set to become Salman's biggest overseas hit to date. It firmly establishes him in the overseas market, previously under the sway of arch-rival Shah Rukh Khan.

Salman, speaking to NDTV from the US, says he is clueless about figures. "I don't understand pursuing all those figures. I only understand what I have to do. Once the shooting and dubbing of the film is over, after that I am clueless. I don't know how many territories, what collection, I don't know anything. When they tell me I just pretend, ok, ok, this was the collection. I don't care if it's the second biggest or third biggest. What I only care about is that the film is done well. Now number game is the producer's game. If he is happy, I am happy. If my fans are happy, they are going to see the film, then I am also happy. My work is limited to choosing the right kind of film and doing it to the best of my abilities. And people have liked my work. This is my happiness. This is all that counts," he said.

In the UK, Bodyguard ranks at 9 in the UK Top 10 at £120k in 51 locations -- just behind Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2 which grossed £122k from 342 locations in its 8th week. The film set a new UK record for a weekday by taking £194k on Wednesday, beating the previous record of £191k set by Shah Rukh's My Name is Khan on Wednesday 17, 2010.

In the US, Bodyguard grossed $1.6 million in the mid-east to date. This is $100k short of another Salman starrer,Dabangg, which did a lifetime gross of $1.7 million. By Sunday, Bodyguard is all set to become Salman's highest grosser.

In the overall overseas market, Bodyguard has grossed $3.8 million to date. It is poised to overhaul Dabangg's figure of $5 million and become Salman's biggest overseas hit to date.

Bodyguard's power-packed performance continues unabated in India. The box-office collections of Day 3 of Bodyguardare bigger than that of any other film till date. After romping home with record-making collections on day 1 (Rs 21.5 crore) and day 2 (Rs 19.3 crore), day 3 on Friday was strong and steady as well. Friday figures for Bodyguard were at Rs 14.7 crore. To get a perspective on just how big the Bodyguard box-office figures are, consider this: the opening day collection of Singham was Rs 9 crore, Ready - Rs 12.5 crore, Dabangg - Rs 14.5 crore and 3 Idiots was at Rs 14 crore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...