Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mumbai pilot arrested at airport for abusing wife












Mumbai:  A pilot on the payroll of a private airline company was arrested while on duty at the Santacruz airport on Monday, on charges of dowry harassment and robbery.
 
His wife had registered a case against him at the Borivli police station.

In her complaint, Preeti Jaiswal (24) had alleged that her husband had sent her to Delhi on a false pretext, and then fled with all her belongings.

The accused, Ashish Jaiswal (26), has been an employee of the airlines for the past two years. He met Preeti in Delhi through a common friend about a year back, and courted her. 

The two married against the wishes of Ashish's parents in August last year, and settled down in Ganjawala Nagar, Borivli, in November.

According to Preeti's complaint, Jaiswal started assaulting her within months of their marriage, over petty matters. 

Ashish's parents soon started pressing her for dowry, and upon her refusal, she was beaten up by her husband.

"On August 15, Ashish forcibly sent me to visit his parents. When I reached Delhi, I saw that their apartment was empty and locked up. 

I returned to Mumbai on August 16, to discover that my husband had left with all my belongings," said Preeti, who is one month pregnant.

"He took all my jewellery, the appliances, even my slippers. I have nothing to eat or wear now. I kept calling him, but received no response," she added.

She then approached the police and registered a complaint against her spouse. Acting on her tip off that he would be returning from Delhi on Monday, Borivli police arrested him at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...