Thursday, July 21, 2011

Big B doesn’t believe in castes



Actor Amitabh Bachchan, who will be seen in a film about caste-based reservations, says he doesn’t believe in the caste system himself and has never faced any bias because of his caste and is proud that his father gave him a surname that doesn’t denote any such thing. “If ever I have faced a rejection or a failure, it has been on the basis of my incapability to do something and never my caste,” says Bachchan. 

“I think rejection because of incapability is right because if I’m not capable of doing a particular work, the other person has the right to disapprove of me or reject me.” “Like, I lost in politics because I was not capable, not because I was of a particular caste,” he added. Aarakshan, the film directed by Prakash Jha will release on August 12. Big B will be seen as the principal of a private educational institution. The film is about Prabhakar Anand (Amitabh), an idealistic principal, and his loyal disciple Deepak Kumar (Saif Ali Khan). It also stars Deepika Padukone

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...